Cherish’s Updates

For any of you that really want to know way more about breast cancer, check out and for those that want to know way more about my breast cancer, follow along below:

March 20, 2014 – I’ve met with the medical and radiation oncologists.  Based on the hormonal receptor levels and HER2 results in the pathology test, we can better determine the best course of chemotherapy and whether to do so before or after surgery.  This portion of the pathology results should become available Monday.  The results that we do have show the cancer cells as grade 1 and the mass is approximately 2.9 cm.  The radiation oncologist anticipates 6 weeks of radiation therapy, with treatments each day, Monday through Friday, post surgery.  I may be eligible for a clinical trial through Johns Hopkins which entails a shorter course of treatment.

March 14, 2014 – After meeting with Dr. Walker, the breast surgeon who is part of the team at PRM’s Breast Cancer Center, I’m tentatively looking at neoadjuvant therapy, followed by a partial mastectomy/lumpectomy and radiation therapy.  I still will need to meet with the radiation and medical oncologist before a complete treatment plan will be decided on.  I will also be seeking a second opinion.

March 11, 2014 – The core biopsy results were positive for invasive ductal carcinoma.


3 thoughts on “Cherish’s Updates

  1. Well done. I am referring this site to those asking about you! Looking forward to getting to the other side of this. Love you more everyday! ox

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s